Please be cautious of some phishing websites and APPs that counterfeit Bingbon’s, never click on any non-official suspicious-looking links, nor download any non-official APPs. To ensure your asset security, please be sure to operate only on our official website bingbon.com.
- What is phishing?
A phishing attack is a criminal cheating process by getting sensitive information like username, password, fund and ID by means of disguising others. These messages claim that they are from an official or internet administrator to get trust from the victim.
Bingbon has provided the official verification function. Users can click " Bingbon Verify" at the bottom of Bingbon website, enter a domain name, email address, or other information to check if they are an official Bingbon representative, so as to prevent being scammed!
- The ways that phishing spread
1. Through virus
Criminals clone a totally same website like bingbon.com, and send the fake website address to users’ computers with some virus programs and junkware, or put the address on a search website to cheat users to log on to get users’ username, password, trade information or assets.
2. Through SMS
Criminals send cheating SMS messages to users, claiming that users won prizes or their accounts are stolen, asking users to log on the website whose address is in the message to verify his or her identity, and the website is launched by criminals, which is a fake one just to get users’information. If users log on to the website and operate, then users’information like username, password will be known by the criminals.
3. Setting up a fake website
Criminals launched a fake website, and then post fake activity information on social media, this activity makes an empty promise, when users log on to the fake website, their usernames and passwords will be known by the criminals.
4. Through fake official mailbox
Criminals send lots of cheating mails to cheat the users to log on to fake websites, these mails ask the receivers to click the links in the mail to log on to a website which is like Bingbon.com with reasons like winning prizes or system update and so on, once users type in their usernames and passwords on the specified page, the information will be stolen.
5. Forwarding links of phishing websites through social communities to lure users to log into fake websites.
- To prevent phishing
- Use a relatively safe browser like Chrome and update to the latest version;
Notes: Chrome is a google product, its good safety performance is well known to all, updating to the latest version is because that the low version one has lots of loopholes, like Punycode phishing attack link: https://blog.csdn.net/qq_27446553/article/details/70255763
- Don't install browser plug-ins without discretion;
Notes: Browser plug-ins have very high authority, and there is a risk of hacking, like the Chrome User-Agent Switcher back door incident. (https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14889619)
- Never open any suspected links, never type your Bingbon username, password and personal information on any unknown websites, in case phishing websites or Trojans stole the information;
- Install an anti-virus program, kill the virus on your computer and cellphone periodically;
- Update system patch on time;
- Never send the verification code that official sends to you to others;
- When you are logging on to Bingbon.com or trading, please make sure that if the domain name belongs to Bingbon, if you are not sure about it, you may ask customer support for help. The only Bingbon official website is bingbon.com.